|Courtesy of Sony|
In my humble opinion hires is the ideal format to listen to the music. The versatility, high quality and ability to play them in car audio or home audio make the format getting more and more popular in music lover. Also thank to the large memory card or usb, as reliable storage for Hires format.
Sony as one of most company which is really serious into hires format in 2015 released their first head unit named Sony RSX G9. Now after a year waiting for my unit. Finally I can have it on my personal sound labs.
The specification are as follow:
General DAC (Digital Audio Converter) device: ES9018S by ESS Technology, Inc. Outputs: Audio outputs terminal (FRONT, REAR, SUB) Power antenna (aerial)/Power amplifier control terminal (REM OUT) Optical output terminal Inputs: High level input terminal (3 V – 12 V) Remote controller input terminal Antenna (aerial) input terminal MIC input terminal AUX input jack (stereo mini jack) USB type-A port (front, rear) USB micro-B port
MP3 (.mp3): 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48 kHz, 16 – 320 kbps (CBR/VBR) AAC (.m4a, .mp4, .3gp): 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, 16 – 320 kbps (CBR/VBR) WMA (.wma): 32/44.1/48 kHz, 16 – 320 kbps (CBR/VBR) WAV (.wav): 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/ 192 kHz (16/24 bit) AIFF (.aiff, .aif): 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz (16/24 bit) FLAC (.flac): 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/ 192 kHz (16/24 bit) ALAC (.m4a): 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/ 192 kHz (16/24 bit) DSD (DSF/DSDIFF)* (.dsf, .dff): 2.8 MHz (1 bit)
Power requirements: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground (earth))
Rated current consumption: 10 A
Dimensions: Approx. 178 mm × 50 mm × 167 mm (7 1/8 in × 2 in × 6 5/8 in) (w/h/d)
It has Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) to improve sound compressed music files
The Sound Quality of ESS Sabre DAC can improve the internal DAC from iPhone or android (with proper connection)
|The Black Beauty|
|The Beast Installed |
Courtesy of Gatra and Audioworkshop
The Hires Album
1. Three Blind Mice - Tatsuyoshi Yamashita Misty 24 Bit PCM 192Khz
This Japanese recording is one of the best in term of dynamic and ambience.
2. Beethoven Monlight Sonata DSD 1 Bit 5.6 Mhz
An example how the good music on the good recording can make goosebumps!
3. Lucky Sing Broery WAV 16 Bit 44.1 Khz
Indonesian singer that really has great voice and great interpretation of the music
I must tell you that in order to play the music properly you must make folder named music and put all the Hires files into it.
1. Misty feels like...ah that song with clean and detailed presentation, very dynamic and palpable imaging.
2. The Moonlight Sonata track is one of the best classical composition from Beethoven to make our soul energizing. On the Hires format this song is closer to perfection.
3. Warm and tender sound of Lucky make me want to listen to his voice more and more. Liquid, sweet and soulful. What a sound!
|Courtesy of Google|
1. Clean and detailed sound
2. Somehow the high is very extended
3. Smooth tonal balance and great imaging
1. Relatively high price tag (but worth the money)
2. Can not play DSD higher than 5.6 Mhz sampling
Now I can enjoy listening to the Hires music in my car. I'm so happy to have this as part of my audio gears. Thumbs up to Sony!
Asawendo, December 2016